Plumbing in residential areas is a common occurrence. People are always in need of plumbing services whether it be for something as simple as a clogged toilet all the way up to something extreme like a burst pipe. Clogged toilets are a common reason to have to call a plumber, there can be a number of reason why the toilet may be clogged. Here is a list to just a name a few:
- Paper towels
- Sanitary products
- Foreign objects that a child may have tried to flush like a stuffed animal or even a small race car.
There may even be a main drain issue which can only be fixed by calling a professional. This requires expert knowledge of the system. There are many symptoms of a clogged toilet, these being:
- Foul odor coming from the septic tank
- Slow drains when flushing, trying to turn on the kitchen sink
- Gurgling drains, this noise can be heard when flushing the toilet and even when it isn’t in use
- No water in the toilet. This is the biggest indicator of a clogged toilet, as toilets are always supposed to have water in them when they are working correctly.
Flooding Home/ Burst Pipes is one of the most serious reasons to have a plumber come to your home. A burst pipe can lead to gallons of water leaking into your home causing structural damage as well as the build up of water in the walls which can lead to mold. While this is a very rare occurrence, the most common causes of a burst pipe include:
- Cold winter weather. The pipes will get cold and freeze causing water to build up in a central location causes the pipe to burst.
- Invasive tree roots can also cause a burst. The roots will grow next to the pipes causing them to bend and warp which will make them vulnerable to a burst.
- Clogged pipes can also cause a burst. This is due to build up of material in the pipes causing water to build up just like a frozen pipe. The pressure increases and the pipe bursts.
What to do if faced with a burst pipe? The first thing you should do is to get in touch with us here at AAA City Plumbing. We will have someone out to help you ASAP and with the latest technology to ensure that the root source of the problem is located and fixed properly by our professionals.
How do you prevent burst pipes? The best way to prevent this from happening is to make sure that the pipes are regularly inspected.
Garbage Disposals are another culprit in the world of plumbing. The most common signs of having garbage disposal issues are:
- If it has been acting up lately, it may not be working quite right.
- Making strange noise that you haven’t ever heard it make before.
- It may even be leaking a little bit.
If you are having any of these types of issues, it is a good time to call AAA City Plumbing so we can get one of our professionals out to see what the problem is and get it fixed right away.
How to prevent damage to your Garbage Disposal. The easiest way to prevent any damage to happen is to never put anything down the disposal that shouldn’t be down there. These are things like utensils, toys (if you have children), banana peels, potato peels, fruit pits, etc. These are all culprits for messing up your garbage disposal.
Restaurant Plumbing Services. In a restaurant it is very important to make sure that all of the plumbing systems are running smoothly. This is for the employees sake as well as for the customers. The most common plumbing issues that happen in a restaurant are:
- Clogged drains just like in the home, plague every business not just restaurants. In restaurants, grease can be a major problem for the drains as it will build up over time if left unchecked. Other clogging issues can come from the customers such as excessive toilet paper and paper towel use as well as foreign objects.
- Water Leaks are another common issue in commercial plumbing. Cooling appliances such as coolers, fridges, and freezers are all prone to leaking and can cause water damage if left for a long period of time.
- Overflow/Flooding is a nightmare for a restaurant to have to deal with especially during business hours. These problems can be caused by a variety of different things most notable of which would be overflowing toilets or burst pipes.
- Septic Tanks are very important pieces of the plumbing system and can result in very costly repairs if they aren’t fixed quickly.
- How does a septic tank work? A septic tank is divided into various parts. One of which is the watertight box which is separated into a layer of floating material with bacteria, clear water and a bottom layer made of sludge. When the tank is working properly only the clear water should exit the tank. If it is working improperly, the bacteria and sludge can come out. This material is very bad for the environment and can cause much damage to the area.
- How do you care for and manage a septic tank? The sludge in the bottom of the tank should be pumped regularly to make sure the tank is healthy and will last longer. Commercial tanks need to be pumped more often than residential tanks as they are being used much more frequently. Once the pumping is done, the inlet is checked and the water levels are put to the correct level. The piping is then checked to make sure they are running smoothly.
- Grease Traps also known as grease interceptors, are a plumbing device used to catch multiple types of grease as well as other solids before they enter into the water disposal system. These help the pipes underground to be less likely to get clogged up and potentially burst.
- How to keep them clean. To keep a grease trap clean, you should first drain the opening of all of the build up and debris, inspect all of the baffles and then make sure that water is running smoothly through the trap. Dispose of all of the drained material in an environmentally safe way, preferably through at a treatment plant.
When and Why Should You Hire a Professional
You should always hire a professional plumber to come help you with any plumbing related issues. Doing it yourself will more than likely cause problems to your system you are working on. If you have any questions about a plumbing issue, it is always recommended that you call the local plumbing company. AAA City Plumbing is always willing to help you and answer any questions you have. Hiring a professional will ensure that the job is done right and that you are getting the most for your money. The plumber will be able to locate and solve the problem in a short amount of time so that you will be able to go back to your normal routine.