Pregnancy is scary and stressful, but more importantly, it is amazing and beautiful. A time that should be cherished and remembered. After all, you are growing another human being inside of you, what is more amazing than that? This is the time to flaunt everything about yourself and be in awe of the miracle that you are experiencing. What better way to capture this experience then with maternity photography?
6 Hints On How To Make The Most Of Your Maternity Photography
- Wear something that makes you feel comfortable — These pictures are something that you will look back on to remember a very special time in your life, so you want to be comfortable and you want to feel beautiful. Wear something that makes you feel that way. If you feel most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt then rock it. If a long flowy gown is more your style then do it. Don’t dress for other people, dress for yourself and wear something that makes you feel as beautiful as you are.
- Don’t shy away from skin — So many women have the instinct to hide their bodies and cover up…DON’T. Pregnancy is a beautiful and natural miracle so if you feel comfortable showing your body do it. It’s time to embrace the amazingness that is you, so strip down and show some skin.
- Explore the great outdoors — Maternity photography is very personal so many times it’s done in private, but why not take it outdoors? No matter what the season or the forecast, getting outside can lead to amazing shots and lighting that just isn’t possible inside.
- Be creative — We have all seen the classic photo of the man with his arms around the pregnant belly forming a heart at the belly button. This is a great photo, but don’t just stick with the classic ideas that you see. Be creative, be you. These are your pictures and should reflect who you are. If that means taking an underwater photo or incorporating your favorite book series do it.
- Include your family and pets — Don’t forget to include your significant other, your children and even your pets. You are adding to your family and though you are the one that’s pregnant don’t forget about those supporting you. Grab your spouse and get some shots showing the strength of your relationship. Include your children, if you have any, after all the person inside you is going to be their sibling. Oh, and don’t forget your pet that is just as much a part of your family as anyone.
Be confident and be yourself. You want to look back at your maternity photography and remember what an amazing experience it was and how much fun you had doing it. One final note don’t be afraid to see a professional maternity photographer. If you aren’t getting the results you want on your own consult the professionals, their experience and knowledge can be invaluable.